WhatsApp, the popular messaging app, has announced a new feature that will allow users to edit sent messages. The feature was announced by Mark Zuckerberg the founder of Meta Inc through his verified Facebook page which is currently rolling out to users globally and is expected to be available to everyone in the coming weeks.
The update will allow people edit messages up to 15 minutes after they’re sent
To edit a sent message, users will simply need to long-press on the message and select “Edit.” They will then be able to make changes to the text of the message. Once the changes have been made, the message will be marked as “edited.”
Also Read: WordPress vs Wix: Which is the Best Website Builder
The new edit feature is a welcome addition to WhatsApp. It will allow users to correct mistakes, add additional information, or change the tone of a message after it has been sent. This can be helpful in a variety of situations, such as when sending a quick message to a friend or colleague, or when sending a more formal message to a business associate.
The new edit feature has received a positive response from users. Many people have praised the feature as being a long-overdue addition to WhatsApp. Others have said that the feature will be helpful for correcting typos and grammatical errors.
Recommended for you: WordPress SEO Plugins and Tools You Should Try
The edit feature is a significant improvement to WhatsApp. It will make the app more user-friendly and efficient. It is a welcome addition to the app and is sure to be used by millions of people around the world.
Benefits of the New Edit Feature
The new edit feature has a number of benefits for users, including:
- The ability to correct mistakes: One of the most common reasons for editing a message is to correct a mistake. This could be a typo, a grammatical error, or a factual error. The new edit feature will make it easy for users to correct these mistakes without having to delete and resend the message.
- The ability to add additional information: Sometimes, users realize after sending a message that they need to add additional information. This could be a phone number, an address, or a link. The new edit feature will make it easy for users to add this information without having to delete and resend the message.
- The ability to change the tone of a message: Sometimes, users realize after sending a message that they want to change the tone of the message. This could be to make it more formal or more casual. The new edit feature will make it easy for users to change the tone of a message without having to delete and resend the message.
Why It Has Received A Positive Response?
- It is a long-overdue addition to WhatsApp. Users have been requesting the ability to edit messages for years.
- It is a useful feature that can be used in a variety of situations.
- It is easy to use. Users can simply long-press on a message and select “Edit.”
- It is a secure feature. Messages that are edited are marked as “edited.” This helps to ensure that users are aware that the message has been changed.
In conclusion, the new WhatsApp edit feature is a welcome addition, It is useful, easy to use and secure and will likely be appreciated by millions of people around the world.