Dropshipping in Nigeria has become increasingly popular because it is highly lucrative and requires little upfront investment which makes it beginner friendly and easy to start.
Many entrepreneurs are interested in dropshipping but want to know how to start for free and yes it is possible to start with no money and in this article, we will show you how to start dropshipping business in Nigeria with Zero Capital.
What is Dropshipping and how does it work?
Dropshipping is a popular eCommerce business model that let you sell products online without having to buy them first.
Here’s how it works:
- You set up a business online with a website or social media page, and decide on the products you want to sell.
- Instead of buying products and store them at home or in a warehouse, you simply partner with a supplier who owns these products and agree to ship directly to your customers.
- When a customer buys from your online store, you contact your supplier with details of the order and make payment.
- Finally he or she will package and ship the product to the buyer while you keep the profit.
You might want to ask whether it requires financial investment, yes it does but stay with us as we’re about to show you ways to begin dropshipping in Nigeria with Zero Capital.
Benefits of Dropshipping
Here are some of the benefits of dropshipping:
- It is easy to get started because you don’t have to invest a lot of money upfront.
- You ddon’t even need to buy products to start, instead you partner with reputable supplier who owns the items and is willing to ship to customers
- You can work from anywhere around around the world, all you need is a device, internet connection and a way to receive payment.
- It brings both financial and time freedom
- It helps fulfill your dream of owning a business and being your own boss.
How to start Dropshipping in Nigeria with No money:
Step by step strategies to start even if you don’t have money
Choose A Niche
There are many popular and lucrative niches you can start with and some of them include:
- kitchen – blenders, juicers, utensils
- Fashion – Accessories, shoes, bags and clothes
- Pet – food, accessories and toys
- Home and Garden – digital clock, vacuum cleaner, appliances etc.
- Electronics – smartphone, earbuds, laptops, tablets and headphones.
Search and Join groups on Facebook
There are many groups that connect buyers and sellers on Facebook, these are places you can meet various suppliers to get products at wholesale prices who will also be willing to dropship to your customers
Get Products from Suppliers
After connecting with suppliers on Facebook groups, you will be given now an opportunity to join their dedicated WhatsApp groups, this is where you can negotiate further and strike a good deal in order to get products at cheap prices
Related Post: Fast Selling Products in Nigeria
Invest in marketing
There are free online marketing channels to leverage and promote your products including:
- WhatsApp marketing: post on on your status, build a broadcast list and send daily or weekly updates to nurture them
- Facebook marketing: leverage your Facebook and Instagram newsfeed, status and reels, also be active on related Facebook groups and take advantage of Facebook marketplace
- Tiktok marketing: You can do a video of the products using your smartphone and upload on Tiktok, this is an untapped marketing with high engagement
To gget sales for your products, you need to constantly promote your business to potential buyers, utilize different channels to raise awareness, generate leads and convert them into paying customers
Ship to Customers
For each sale you generate, you’ve to forward the order details to your supplier who will package the products and ship directly to your customers
How To Scale your Business
The free strategy we mentioned above will help you to start dropshipping in Nigeria with Zero Capital but if you need to take your business to another level, here are steps to follow:
- Build a website: with WordPress, you can build and convert your website into a full blown online store to sell your products and the good thing is that you can automate everything which will give you time to focus on other important things. You can read this article to learn more
- Invest in Paid ads: Leverage paid advertising services on platforms like Google, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Influencer marketing: Partner with influencers on Instagram and Tiktok to get a mention for your products, if this is done effectively it can skyrocket your sales online.
Dropshipping is an excellent way to start your own online business and fulfill your wish of being a boss but lack of money might he a hindrance, that’s why we’re showing you how to start dropshipping in Nigeria with Zero Capital